food backpack program
We have joined with the staff of Woodrow Cummins Elementary School in assisting with their backpack program. The backpack program is used to send food items home with kids to make sure they have food to eat. The school counselor has sent the below list of items they need to make the backpacks. If you would like to contribute to this mission, please place your donations in the Kingdom Kids box by the entry door of the fellowship hall at any time. We will continue this mission the entire school year.
- Chef Boyardee
- Individual Cereal Boxes
- Oatmeal Packets
- Macaroni and Cheese Individual Cups or boxes
- Small cans of vegetables
- Cheese or peanut butter crackers
- Granola bars
- Gold fish crackers
- Ramen noodles
- Apple sauce pouches (any flavor)
- Fruit Cups
"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me." Matthew 25:35-36
- Shoe Drive: Grace raises money to buy shoes for children in need in the Bigelow and Conway School Districts.
- Layettes: Grace members make layettes to give to newborns who do not have clothes to wear home from the hospital.
- Wesley Bread Basket: Grace collects and donates food to the Wesley UMC food pantry to help serve the hungry.
- Cuba Missions: Grace collects clothing and other items to be delivered on periodic mission trips to the Methodist church in Cuba.